Minghui Tian (My full CV)
Knowledge & Data Engineering Lab Phone: +86-551-3606085-817 or +1-805-893-2526
Computer Vision & Image Analysis
Visual Saliency Modeling and Salient Objects Detection
Image Categorization & Video Summarization
Birthday: September 2
Citizenship : P. R. China
September 2004 - Present: Ph.D candidate in Computer Science,
September 2000 - July 2004: B.S. in Computer Science,
Work& Research Experience
o Co-leader of a research group majoring in computer vision & image processing;
o Research on human visual attention modeling and propose a novel approach for salient object detection based on saliency map theoretically and experimentally.
o Special interest: Visual Saliency Modeling & Visual Attention
o Database System Implementation
o The Object-oriented Programming
o An Introduction to Database System
o Image Processing
1. Minghui Tian, Shouhong Wan, Lihua Yue, B. S. Manjunath. Salient Object Detection based on a Dynamic Feature Selection Strategy, prepared to International Journal of Image and Vision Computing, 2009.
2. Minghui Tian, Shouhong Wan, Lihua Yue. An Approach for Salient Objects Detection in Natural Scenes, accepted by Chinese Journal of Image and Graphics, August 2009.
3. Minghui Tian, Shouhong Wan, Lihua Yue. Ship Detection in Remote Sensing Images with Complex Sea Surface Background, Chinese Journal of Micro Computer System, 2008, (11): 2162 – 2166.
4. Liu Liu, Lihua Yue, Minghui Tian, Bin Liu. A Novel Concurrency Control Method for Real-time Transactions: SMVCC, Chinese Journal of Computer Engineering, Vol. 32, No. 9, pp: 88-90, May 2006.
Tian, Jiejun Xu, Lihua Yue. Video
Retrieval based on Salient Objects, prepared to 2010 ACM International Conference on Image and Video Retrieval (CIVR-2010),
Tian, Shouhong Wan, Lihua Yue. A
Color Saliency Model for Salient Objects Detection in Natural Scenes, accepted
by The 16th International Conference on
Multimedia Modeling (MMM-2010),
3. Minghui Tian, Shouhong Wan, Yan Ji, Lihua Yue. Salient Objects Detection in Time Sequenced Images, Proceeding of International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN-08), IEEE Computational Intelligence Society, pp: 322-327, 2008.
4. Minghui Tian, Shouhong Wan, Lihua Yue. A Novel Approach for Change Detection in Remote Sensing Image based on Saliency Map, Proceeding of the 4th International Conference on Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualization (CGIV-07), IEEE Computer Society Press, pp: 397-402.
Section Visualization I, the 4th International
Conference on Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualization (CGIV-07),
The 2009 International Congress on Image and Signal Processing (CISP 2009), Tianjin, P. R. China, October 2009.
The 4th International Symposium on
Intelligence Computation and Applications (ISICA 2009),
The 2008 International Congress on Image and Signal Processing (CISP 2008), Sanya, Hainan, P. R. China, May 2008.
The 5th International Symposium on Neural
IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) Member,
IEEE Computer Society Member,
IEEE Communication Society Member
Study Aboard Scholarship 2008 of China Scholarship Council.
IEEE Outstanding Student Paper Travel Grant, WCCI-08, 2008.
Special Graduate Student Scholarship of Guang-hua, USTC, 2007.
Outstanding Thesis of Undergraduate Student, USTC, 2004.
Outstanding Student Scholarship, USTC, 2003.
Outstanding Student Scholarship, USTC, 2002.
Outstanding Student Scholarship, USTC, 2001.
Outstanding New Student Award, USTC, 2000.
August 6th, 2009